Here's hoping "Mormanity" readers might appreciate the following reminder about the upcoming FRONTLINE/AMERICAN EXPERIENCE co-production, "The Mormons," airing this Monday (April 30) and Tuesday ( May 1) on PBS, and online at http://www.pbs.org/mormons after the broadcast.
For your convenience, I have provided links to the trailer and a sampling of critical reviews:
Watch the trailer:
Read the reviews:
"There is no doubt that, simply because of its subject matter, "The Mormons" will draw criticism from both sides. Which is probably an indication that Whitney has done a lot right with the documentary." -- Deseret Morning News
"This film is a breath of fresh air, in a genre filled with misunderstanding." BYU NewsNet
"A gripping look at the foundations of Mormon faith" -- Boston Globe
(story at boston.com/news/globe/living/)
"..it's as if thousands of years of world religion had been compacted into two centuries—and right here in America, for us to study." World Magazine
Here's hoping you'll tune in, and visit our site after the broadcast for more on "The Mormons," including:
* Frequently asked questions and answers about the intricacies of the Mormon religion, its core tenets, its history, growth and controversies, and its contemporary issues and realities;
* An interactive map on the Mormons' westward trek;
* Profiles of key people and events in Mormon history;
* The extended interviews with leaders and members of the church, leading writers and historians, and supporters and critics;
* The major themes explored in this report, with commentary drawn from the extended interviews;
* Teachers Guides on Mormon history and the issues of religion, politics and the separation of church and state;
* A "Join the Discussion" area for viewers;
* And, the full four-hour program video streamed for viewing online.
Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything.
Publicist, Interactive Media
Tuesdays on PBS
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Jessica Smith of PBS's Frontline kindly sent me the following message to share with Mormanity readers regarding their broadcast of "The Mormons" on April 30 and May 1. I hope you'll all watch it!
Posted by Jeff Lindsay at 7:46 AM