Discussions of Mormons and Mormon life, Book of Mormon issues and evidences, and other Latter-day Saint (LDS) topics.

Sunday, October 09, 2011

President Monson Reminds Me of My Wife

Here in Shanghai our branch got to view General Conference this weekend, along with the reast of eastern Asia. What a delight!

While listening to President Monson's powerful sermon in Priesthood session last night, I marveled at the breadth of experiences he has had and at what a gem this human being is. He is so right for the Church at this time. Such an amazing and charming person. I said to myself, "We are so lucky that such a person even exists, and he is ours!" That's a familiar sentiment for me, though most often directed toward my wife. I simply can't believe how lucky I am to have her in my life, and I can say something similar about President Monson. I think we can all say that. We're just so lucky to have such a man in our lives. One of the finest examples of true Christianity anywhere in this mortal realm.

3 comments:

tim2jackie@gmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeff Lindsay: said...

Tim's inappropriate off-topic comment with link to an anti-Mormon site has been delete, per my standard rules. But he raised a question that I'll address in my latest post on the issue of Lucifer and Satan.

Anonymous said...

I respectfully request further insight on this post by saying: How can you say, blindly, that Pres. Monson is an example of "true Christianity" when Christianity is not measured in public speeches but demonstrated in day-to-day living? How do you know these things about him, or are you just taking his word?